Basic Foreigners’ Medical Insurance
Medical insurance for foreingers in the Czech Republic
Comprehensive insurance for foreigners designed to protect their health by providing a high quality medical and assistance service.
This insurance complies fully with the valid legislation governing foreigners’ residence in the Czech Republic and is accepted by the Department of Migration and Asylum Policy of the Ministry of the Interior.
What does the insurance contain?
- coverage of the costs of necessary and urgent treatment and hospitalisation at all healthcare facilities in the Czech Republic to the extent necessary
- non-stop assistance services
- can be arranged for a period ranging from one day to 36 months
- designed to cater to all age categories
- benefit limit ranging from CZK 1.8 million to CZK 3 million per insured event
- covers the Czech Republic and member states of the Schengen area
What does the insurance cover?
- Includes the payment of essential examinations required in order to determine the diagnosis and the medical procedure to be taken, essential treatment and hospitalisation, including acute dental care, outpatient medicines and repatriation of the insured to the country of origin, if required.
- Option of arranging supplementary cover for hazardous sports.
Safe travel for foreigners
In the Czech Republic, I study at the Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, the relationship to maximum health care is a natural part of me. At the same time, I really like to travel and get to know other cultures. And getting to know European countries directly from the heart of Europe is very easy. As a student, I have medical expenses in all countries of the Schengen area included in the comprehensive health insurance. I travel with much more peace of mind.
Anh Nhat, 23 years old
How to arrange Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance?
You can arrange Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance online from the comfort of your home.
You can arrange Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance
at Pojišťovna VZP, a. s. and VZP CR sales points.
Do you want a discount?
Discounts apply to:
Frequently asked questions
I am pregnant. What insurance should I arrange?
Can I visit any doctor or healthcare facility?
I am planning to go to your branch and arrange Foreigners’ Comprehensive Medical Insurance PLUS for my wife (colleague, acquiantance, …), what will I need to bring with me?
Is the cost of medicines paid directly to the client under Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance?
Does Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance also cover sporting activities?
What should I do when I need to visit a doctor?
I am interested in vaccination against covid-19. Will vaccination be covered by my insurance?
I have arranged Foreigners´ Medical Insurance. Does my insurance also cover PCR tests and antigen testing?
Is it possible to arrange supplementary insurance that would cover voluntary testing?
I have arranged Foreigners´ Medical Insurance. If I get ill with covid-19, will you cover all the care related to it?
I need a contract in English (for the embassy etc.), is that possible?
Do you offer health insurance for foreigners identical to public health insurance in the Czech Republic?
Does health insurance for foreigners also apply to sports activities?
Are medications covered directly by the client’s health insurance for foreigners?
I am pregnant, what insurance should I take out?
Can I see any doctor or health facility?
What should I do if I need to see a doctor?
Is it possible to take out supplementary insurance that would also cover my voluntary testing?
I’ve taken out health insurance for foreigners. Does my insurance also cover PCR and antigen testing?
Did you not find what you were looking for?
Leave us your contact information and we'll get back to you.