Instructions to Clients of the VZP, a.s. Insurance Company on the Processing of Personal Data
Pojišt’ovna VZP, a.s., Reg. No.: 27116913, registered office at Lazarská 1718/3, 110 00 Prague 1, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague under file No. B 9100 as the Controller (hereinafter also referred to as the Controller), hereby, in accordance with the provisions of Article 13 of Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation), kindly informs you that:
- Your personal data for us as an insurance company is typically the following data: first name, surname, date of birth, birth number, your home address, email and telephone number, and, where applicable, other data by which we can identify you. The same data is also personal data of your children or persons for whom you have parental responsibility.
- We may process personal data on the basis of legislation governing the insurance industry, including birth numbers, as such processing of personal data is deemed necessary to comply with our legal obligation as a data controller.
- You provide us with personal data so that we can provide you with all the services you request, i.e. in particular so that we can conclude the relevant insurance contract with you and arrange related activities (assistance, claims handling) and so that we can fulfil our legal obligations. We also process your personal data in order to offer you our entire insurance portfolio (marketing communications). If you do not provide it to us, we would not be able to provide you with our services (for example, the conclusion of an insurance contract).
- Personal data as data of the so-called data subject will therefore be processed:
- for the necessary fulfilment of our legal obligations under the relevant legislation, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and
- for the necessary performance of an insurance contract you have concluded with us.
- The insurance company will keep your personal data until the end of the tenth calendar year following the termination of your insurance. If no insurance has been taken out, the insurer will keep your personal data until the end of the second calendar year after the last communication with you. We must process (retain) it for this period of time in order to comply with our legal obligations as we are required to do so by the Insurance Distribution and Reinsurance Act and, where applicable, to protect our legitimate interests.
- You do not need to be concerned about us transferring your personal data abroad to other parties or any international organisations.
- Your personal data may also be processed by our contractors who provide insurance services to you in conjunction with us, i.e. services related to your insurance policy. These partners (processors) are typically insurance intermediaries, assistance services, independent claims handlers and our IT suppliers.
- The processing of your personal data will not involve prohibited automated decision-making or prohibited automated individual decision-making based on profiling, by which is meant that your personal data will not be processed and analysed solely by means of information technology and similar solutions, but always individually by our employees.
- Your rights include the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time if it has been given to us, the right to request from the Controller access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing, the right to the portability of such data to another controller, as well as the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if you believe that the Controller is acting in breach of the Regulation when processing your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on the legitimate interests of our company.
- For information about the processing of your personal data or to exercise your rights, please contact our company via our Data Protection Officer (DPO), who is our employee Ms. Alena Horáková, email: email@example.com, telephone: +420 233 006 239.
We are committed to complying with the sector regulation represented by the Self-Regulatory Standards for the application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the insurance sector. Their text can be found here.