Medical insurance for foreingers in the Czech Republic
Foreigners’ Medical Insurance with the best insurance benefit levels and coverage of risks from Pojišťovna VZP, a.s., the market leader
- Comprehensive insurance for foreigners designed to protect their health by providing a high quality medical and assistance service
- This insurance complies fully with the valid legislation governing foreigners’ residence in the Czech Republic and is accepted by the Department of Migration and Asylum Policy of the Ministry of the Interior
Insurance policy is concluded
by the crediting of the premium to the insurance company’s bank account
Payment by card or bank transfer
your insurance is arranged in a few minutes
- Coverage of the costs of necessary and urgent treatment and hospitalisation at all healthcare facilities in the Czech Republic to the extent necessary
- Non-stop assistance services provided by AXA ASSISTANCE, a renowned provider
- Can be arranged for a period ranging from one day to 36 months
- Designed to cater to all age categories
- Benefit limit ranging from CZK 1.8 million to CZK 3 million per insured event
- Covers the Czech Republic and member states of the Schengen area
What does the insurance contain?
What does the insurance cover?
- Includes the payment of essential examinations required in order to determine the diagnosis and the medical procedure to be taken, essential treatment and hospitalisation, including acute dental care, outpatient medicines and repatriation of the insured to the country of origin, if required
- Option of arranging supplementary cover for hazardous sports
How to arrange Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance?
Do you want a discount?
- children of parents who are already insured with our insurance company
Frequently asked questions
Questions concerning covid-19
I have arranged Foreigners´ Medical Insurance. If I get ill with covid-19, will you cover all the care related to it?Yes. All the acute healthcare related to covid-19 treatment is covered by Foreigners´ Medical Insurance of Pojišťovna VZP, a.s., including hospitalisation. Non-acute healthcare in connection with this illness will be covered by comprehensive medical insurance, within the scope of insurance terms and conditions.
I have arranged Foreigners´ Medical Insurance. Does my insurance also cover PCR tests and antigen testing?PCS tests are covered only if they are prescribed by a hygiene station or by a doctor, we do not cover voluntary PCR testing. Voluntary PCR testing can be covered from “Premium healthcare services”, that is included in most foreigners´ comprehensive medical insurance policies.
Antigen testing (that is free only for those insured by the public medical insurance system) is not possible to cover. However clients can undergo testing as self-payers. In case clients have a valid insurance policy for foreigners´ comprehensive medical insurance with a stated limit for “Premium”, it is possible to ask for a refund for antigen testing up to the stated limit.