Insurance of foreigners
Questions concerning covid-19
I have arranged Foreigners´ Medical Insurance. If I get ill with covid-19, will you cover all the care related to it?
- Yes. All the acute healthcare related to covid-19 treatment is covered by Foreigners´ Medical Insurance of Pojišťovna VZP, a.s., including hospitalisation. Non-acute healthcare in connection with this illness will be covered by comprehensive medical insurance, within the scope of insurance terms and conditions.
I have arranged Foreigners´ Medical Insurance. Does my insurance also cover PCR tests and antigen testing?
- PCS tests are covered only if they are prescribed by a hygiene station or by a doctor, we do not cover voluntary PCR testing. Voluntary PCR testing can be covered from “Premium healthcare services”, that is included in most foreigners´ comprehensive medical insurance policies.
- Antigen testing (that is free only for those insured by the public medical insurance system) is not possible to cover. However clients can undergo testing as self-payers. In case clients have a valid insurance policy for foreigners´ comprehensive medical insurance with a stated limit for “Premium”, it is possible to ask for a refund for antigen testing up to the stated limit.
Is it possible to arrange supplementary insurance that would cover voluntary testing?
- Voluntary testing can be covered by „Premium“ that is included in all insurance policies of Foreigners´ Comprehensive Medical Insurance PLUS. As for Foreigners´ Comprehensive Medical Insurance Exclusive, „Premium“ is included in most insurance policies arranged from 1. June 2020.
I am interested in vaccination against covid-19. Will vaccination be covered by my insurance?
- At the moment, registration for vaccination in the Czech Republic is possible only for participants in public medical insurance. If the conditions change in the future, Pojišťovna VZP, a.s. will react, and under agreed conditions, vaccination will be covered by insurance.
I will study in the Czech Republic. My university requires a certificate certifying that my insurance will cover covid-19. Can you issue such a certificate?
- Yes. We can issue such a certificate upon request. In such cases, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone on +420 233 006 311.
I am planning to go to your branch and arrange Foreigners’ Comprehensive Medical Insurance PLUS for my wife (colleague, acquiantance, …), what will I need to bring with me?
- If the client is not in the Czech Republic, he/she may be also represented by another person, a so-called policyholder (i.e. a person who concludes the insurance policy and pays the premium), during the arrangement of Foreigners’ Comprehensive Medical Insurance (hereinafter referred to as FCHI).
- In order to arrange the insurance policy, the policyholder must have his/her identity card and the insured person‘s particulars: first name, surname, date of birth, passport number and address at which the insured will stay in the Czech Republic. When arranging the insurance, it is necessary to complete an insurance application form, including the insured person’s medical questionnaire.
- If acting on behalf of another person, this questionnaire can be completed and signed only with the consent of the person being insured, who shall empower you to do so.
What should I do when I need to visit a doctor?
- Please contact AXA Assistance, our assistance service, and follow their instructions. The assistance service is available non-stop, its staff is able to communicate with clients in all world languages, it has an up-to-date list of our contractual doctors and healthcare facilities and can, if required, also provide a payment guarantee to a healthcare facility, and so forth. The contact details for the assistance service can be found on the insured person’s ID card.
Can I visit any doctor or healthcare facility?
- Clients should visit our contractual doctor and healthcare facility, except in case of the need for acute care.
I am pregnant. What insurance should I arrange?
- If you are pregnant, we recommend that you arrange Foreigners’ Comprehensive Medical Insurance PLUS or the Standard + Newborn version of the EXCLUSIVE insurance. The waiting period that would apply in the case of the Standard version shall not apply for this type of insurance in the case of payment for healthcare provided in connection with pregnancy and birth. In addition, postnatal care for the newborn (from birth to a maximum of 3 months of age) is covered by this insurance, i.e. healthcare directly linked to childbirth without interruption of the period of hospitalisation.
Is the cost of medicines paid directly to the client under Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance?
- A client pays for the medicines he/she purchases at a pharmacy by him/herself and subsequently requests the insurance company to reimburse him/her, but this is only possible if the payment was more than CZK 100.
Does Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance also cover sporting activities?
- Depends on the type of insurance arranged and the type of sporting activities. In the case of Foreigners‘ Basic Medical Insurance, there is the option of arranging supplementary insurance for hazardous sports. In the case of Foreigners’ Comprehensive Medical Insurance PLUS, sporting activities are part of the insurance (with the exception of professional sports, for which supplementary insurance can, however, be arranged). In the case of Comprehensive Medical Insurance EXCLUSIVE, sporting activities include professional sports.
Do you offer Foreigners‘ Medical Insurance with coverage identical to public medical insurance in the Czech Republic?
- Our Comprehensive Medical Insurance EXCLUSIVE is high quality medical insurance designed for foreigners. Its scope is identical to that provided under public medical insurance in the Czech Republic. e insurance benefit is subject to a limit per insured event, with the option of also taking out supplementary insurance for the event of hospitalisation and insurance of medical expenses for the Schengen area.